June 18th, 2013
Are you searching for a new air conditioning system? Do you need a blend of performance and energy efficiency? There is an unprecedented diversity of air conditioners on the market today, and if you have already begun researching what might be right for your home, then you are likely all too aware of the amount of information available. While it’s encouraging to know that you have some options, it can be difficult to sort through the various types and brands to find one that is right for your home and budget. The first step, however, is knowing whether you need a new air conditioning system at all. Let’s take a look at some reasons why a new cooling solution might be the answer to your problem. Call the Delhi, CA air conditioning specialists at Ace Air Conditioning today for excellent air conditioning services.
- Old age. Is your AC old? Can you not remember when it was first installed? While it has been your sturdy summer companion over the years, it might be time to retire your old AC and install a new model. Today’s ACs are highly energy efficient, boasting SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ratings that are double those of older models. Moreover, you might not be getting the energy efficiency and performance you deserve from that old model, even if it still technically operates.
- Frequent repairs. Another reason to consider installing a new air conditioning system is to alleviate the need for constant repairs. If you’re seeing too much of your Delhi, CA air conditioning technician, and you are still not getting the comfort you deserve, then it may be time to move on, and replace your existing AC with a brand new one.
- Comprehensive cooling solution. If you’re tired of using multiple portable or wall air conditioning units, or you need a comprehensive cooling solution to your new home build, then you should consider a central air or ductless mini split system. Both options have their advantages, and both can help you on your way to a better home.
Call Ace Air Conditioning today for comprehensive air conditioning services in Delhi, CA, from installation to repair.
June 13th, 2013
When you own a business you need to be able to keep your customers, employees and clients comfortable. If your air conditioning system isn’t working well it could have a negative impact on your business. One of the best ways to make sure that your business’ HVAC system works well is to get it regularly maintained by a Livingston, CA commercial air conditioning professional. Call Ace Air Conditioning today to learn more about the incredible benefits of getting commercial air conditioning maintenance in Livingston, CA. We wanted to let our customers know about the benefits of air conditioning maintenance so we put together this quick list.
Livingston, CA Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance Services
You probably run your business’ air conditioning system almost constantly during the summer to make sure that the inside of your building is nice and cool. All that use can allow small problems and issues to start to develop. Those problems will continue to fester and get worse without the help of a Livingston, CA commercial air conditioning specialist. During regular commercial air conditioning maintenance visits our experts will thoroughly inspect every component of your business’ AC system looking for those small problems. Here are a few advantages of having that done.
- Reduced repair – By finding small problems early you could be able to reduce the need for commercial air conditioning repair service. This is a huge benefit for business owners who want to make sure that anyone who comes into their business is comfortable.
- Increased efficiency – With time, the small issues that your commercial air conditioning system develops can cause it to have to work harder to cool your business. This increases the strain on the equipment and reduces efficiency. By removing those problems on a regular basis you could be able to return some of the efficiency to your system.
- Extended life – Another fantastic benefit to regular commercial air conditioning maintenance in Livingston, CA is that it could extend the life of your AC system. By fixing problems early it could be able to keep those issues from causing permanent damage to your system.
For all your commercial air conditioning maintenance and repair make sure that you call the friendly Livingston, CA commercial air conditioning experts at Ace Air Conditioning.
June 3rd, 2013
Everyone wants to be comfortable in their home throughout the cooling season. Many homeowners make some common mistakes, though, which can have a negative impact on the indoor air quality in their home. Striking the right balance with your air conditioning habits and indoor air quality maintenance can be tough, so the Merced air conditioning and indoor air quality pros at Ace Air Conditioning have put together some information to help you enjoy the best of both worlds this summer. Take these tips into account, make some simple changes to your cooling habits, and enjoy great comfort and air quality throughout the air conditioning season.
One of the main issues that drags down indoor air quality during the cooling season has to do with ventilation. More specifically, a lack of ventilation. Because cooling a home can be a costly endeavor, many homeowners try to seal up their houses as tightly as possible to boost energy efficiency. While you certainly don’t want to be cooling your home with all the windows open, it is important that you maintain some ventilation in order to prevent the air quality in your home from suffering. When things cool off at nighttime, give your AC a rest and open up some windows to let some fresh air in. If you have ceiling fans in your home, keep them going to help circulate air throughout your home.
It is possible for your home to suffer from humidity problems during the summer. An air conditioning system naturally dehumidifies air to a certain degree as it operates. If your air gets too dry, though, you may experience a number of issues related to the problem, including dry skin and sinus irritation. Incorporating a whole house humidifier or dehumidifier into your air conditioning system is a great way to keep the air in your home properly humidified throughout the cooling season.
For more tips on how to keep your air quality high during the summer, contact the Merced air conditioning and indoor air quality pros at Ace Air Conditioning. We have the answers to all your questions. Contact us today to learn more. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable and healthy this air conditioning season.
May 27th, 2013
During the final Monday of May every year, we commemorate those military personnel who have died in service to their country. Formerly known as Decoration Day, probably because of the way that graveyards were decorated with flowers, Memorial Day came to prominence in the wake of the American Civil War, which left the country war-torn, with many casualties on both sides. Since that time, it has been a day of remembering those who have given up the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
As you go about town on your day off from work, you’ll probably see an abundance of flags and flowers, as well as public commemorations such as parades. While this day has been turned into the last leg of a three-day weekend, it’s important to reflect on the way that our military personnel have shaped our country, and to remember their contribution to the way we live today. We at Ace Air Conditioning wish you all the best on Memorial Day.
May 22nd, 2013
It is important that you consider all of the air conditioning installation options available to you if you are in the market for a new air conditioning system. There are many different makes and models to choose from. Finding the system best system for your home can be a difficult task, but it is made much easier by the input and advice of a qualified Merced air conditioning professional. Contact Ace Air Conditioning today to learn more about your Merced air conditioning installation options. We will help you decide which AC system is right for your home. In many cases, going ductless is a great decision.
A ductless mini split air conditioning system is an outstanding option for those homeowners looking to avoid the cost of ductwork installation. The elimination of air ducts also means that homeowners can avoid the energy loss issues that are a common problem with many ducted forced air distribution systems. With ductless mini splits, you may be able to cool your home more efficiently while actually improving comfort in your home.
Ductless mini splits operate using an outdoor condenser unit, much like traditional split central systems. However, rather than use air ducts to distribute air throughout a building, individual wall mounted blowers are used to do so. The indoor and outdoor components of a ductless mini split system are connected by a simple conduit containing power and refrigerant lines. This eliminates any risk of air leaks and damaged ductwork from wasting the energy used to cool your home. It also makes using zone controlled cooling simple, as you can control each wall mounted blower independently of the others.
With the ease in which zone controlled air conditioning is utilized, combined with the elimination of duct-related energy loss, a ductless mini split system may be able to help you lower your utility bills without compromising your comfort in the process. If you are interested in a ductless mini split installation, contact the Merced air conditioning professionals at Ace Air Conditioning. Our ductless mini split technicians can answer any questions that you may have to help determine if a ductless mini split air conditioning system is the right option for your home. Call today for more information.
May 16th, 2013
For the most part, you probably do not have too much direct interaction with your air conditioning equipment. You most likely change your air filter regularly, but other than that you do not have much cause to interact with your air conditioning. Except, of course, for the thermostat in your home. The thermostat that you use in order to regulate temperatures in your home is, bar none, the component of your air conditioning system that you have the most face time with. It only makes sense that you should invest in the thermostat most suited to your personal needs. Here is some information from the Delhi, CA air conditioning specialists at Ace Air Conditioning about the importance of a good thermostat.
First of all, your thermostat is the direct link between you and your air conditioning system. It is basically the control panel that allows you to control the operation of your AC. If you do not invest in a good thermostat, your comfort and convenience will suffer. Whether you use a basic manual thermostat, a programmable model or even a Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostat, there is no way that you can expect to keep your home comfortable without investing in a good quality device. A faulty thermostat will not be able to read and maintain temperatures properly. If your thermostat thinks that it is cooler in your home than it actually is, there is no way for your AC to know better. It will shut down too soon, leaving your home warm and uncomfortable.
There is also the matter of efficient air conditioning to consider when investing in your thermostat. If your thermostat is difficult to operate accurately, is poorly calibrated or simply cannot maintain accurate temperature levels, you are going to wind up paying more money for a lousy air conditioning performance. You may find that you are constantly fiddling with your thermostat in an effort to make your home comfortable. Constant adjustments to your AC settings will lead to high energy consumption, as well as the high energy costs that accompany that consumption.
Do not make the mistake of purchasing a bad thermostat. It will cost you comfort and money in the long run. Discuss your thermostat installation options with the Delhi, CA air conditioning professionals at Ace Air Conditioning.
May 6th, 2013
It seems like pretty much everything comes with a maintenance plan option these days. As a consumer, enrollment in such maintenance plans is always at your discretion. However, as Livingston CA air conditioning professionals you can trust, we at Ace Air cannot emphasize enough how necessary routine air conditioning maintenance is. There is simply no better way to ensure that you are able to operate your air conditioning system with the efficiency and reliability that you deserve. Since you are going to need to schedule routine maintenance regardless, it only makes sense to take advantage of our outstanding maintenance plan.
When you enroll in the Ace Air air conditioning maintenance plan, you will be able to help reduce your air conditioning repair needs. You can also cut down on the costs of operating your air conditioning system by boosting efficiency. Plus, we offer customers enrolled in the plan a 10% discount on parts. Enrolling in our AC maintenance plan is a great way to save yourself some money.
Of course, saving money is not the only reason to enroll in the Ace Air air conditioning maintenance plan. Without routine, professional air conditioning maintenance, there is no way that you can operate your air conditioning system with the reliability that you deserve. This puts your comfort at risk. As your air conditioning system operates, it incurs some general wear and tear. During routine maintenance service, one of our skilled technicians will be able to address this wear and tear, resolving any issues before they can cause serious problems with your AC.
When you enroll in our air conditioning maintenance plan, you’ll get 2 air filter cleanings or replacements. Your refrigerant levels, condenser coils, fan belts and all other components will be thoroughly inspected and checked for proper operation. We’ll even make sure that your thermostat is reading accurately, so that you are able to regulate temperatures properly.
For more information about our outstanding air conditioning maintenance plan, just give us a call. Our Livingston, CA air conditioning technicians will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Contact us today to schedule service.
April 29th, 2013
Because of the amount of use that our Merced, CA air conditioning systems endure all cooling season long, it’s no wonder that they may need professional repair at some point. While pro installation and routine maintenance are critical to maintaining the performance and energy efficiency of your AC, inevitable problems sometimes arise. But knowing when to call for air conditioning repair is not always so straightforward. With that in mind, we’ve devised a shortlist of some signs to look out for when it comes to your AC. Never hire anyone but a certified Merced CA air conditioning technician to work on your home cooling system. For excellent air conditioning services in Merced, CA, call Ace Air Conditioning today!
- Inadequate cooling. You expect a lot from your AC, and with good reason. It’s a major investment of your resources and its entire purpose is to provide you with increased levels of comfort during the hottest months of the year. If it’s not doing its job, then it’s just another big noisy box. If you feel like your AC is underperforming you have inadequate cooling in your home, then there’s probably something wrong. Check your air filter regularly to make sure it’s not impeding airflow.
- Frozen evaporator coil. If your evaporator coil within your air handler has frosted over, then there can be a variety of potential issues. Always check your air filter first, but the problem might also be due to low refrigerant levels, or possibly a leak within the indoor unit itself, which is letting in additional humidity.
- AC won’t turn on. If this occurs, first check to see that you haven’t blown a fuse or tripped the circuit breaker. If not, then there may be a problem with the thermostat, either a calibration or connectivity issue. Alternatively, there could be an electrical problem that is causing the AC capacitor to fail. If you hear a buzzing sound, that may indicate a dangerous electrical arcing problem.
Stay vigilant this summer—make sure you call for professional assistance if your air conditioning needs service. For more information, or to schedule an air conditioning repair in Merced, CA, call Ace Air Conditioning today!
April 22nd, 2013
As the summer approaches, homeowners throughout the Merced, CA area are making sure that their air conditioners are working well. As the temperature inches towards 100 degrees F, your air conditioner will need to be in top shape to perform effectively and efficiently. Of all the problems that can occur with your AC, a refrigerant leak has a tendency to affect many areas of the system at once. Whether you have central air conditioning or a ductless mini split, you rely on the refrigerant cycle, which is a circuit of pressurized refrigerant that moves throughout the compressor and coils, from indoors to outdoors and outdoors to indoors. The entire efficacy of the cycle relies upon having the right amount of refrigerant within the closed pipes. When something goes amiss, such as a refrigerant leak, it can reduce the ability of your air conditioner to cool your home. For more information, or to schedule Merced, CA air conditioning repair services, call the experts at Ace Air Conditioning & Heating today!
Let’s look at a couple of consequences of a refrigerant leak:
- Inadequate cooling. If your AC does not have the correct refrigerant “charge,” then your AC will simply not perform well. Your AC cools the warm air extracted from your home and sends it throughout the home via the air handler. But if your evaporator coil does not have enough refrigerant, then it there will not be enough cooling energy during that step of the process.
- Lack of dehumidification. As part of its process of cooling your home, your AC is a natural dehumidifier. When warm indoor air exchanges thermal energy with the refrigerant in the evaporator coils, it condenses on the external surface of the coils and drips into the condensate drain pan. But if there is not enough refrigerant, then the same level of moisture will not be extracted from the air, and you may have stuffy, uncomfortable air as a result.
Refrigerant is the blood of your cooling system. If yours has sprung a leak, then there can be little hope of adequately cooling and dehumidifying your air. For excellent Merced air conditioning repair service, call Ace Air Conditioning & Heating today!
April 15th, 2013
If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning system in Winton, CA, then you’re in luck. There have never been so many technological developments in the last 10 years, that upgrading now may be able to provide your home with substantial energy savings over the long-term. In this post, we’d like to explain some things you should look for in your new air conditioner. The most important step of the process, however, is to ensure that your AC is professionally installed. Along with routine maintenance, it allows your new air conditioning unit to perform as well as it should. For more information about our Winton CA air conditioning services, call Ace Air Conditioning & Heating today!
- High SEER rating. Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is the standard rating of efficiency for the air conditioning industry, including central splits, ductless mini splits, and heat pumps. It estimates the ratio of electrical energy input to cooling output over the course of an entire season. While it does not take other aspects of your cooling system into account, such as ductwork and home insulation, it does give you an accurate estimate of your new unit’s energy efficiency and should be taken into account. The higher the number the better. To receive the Energy Star rating, an air conditioner needs to have at least 14.5 or higher.
- Size and compatibility. Cooling capacity is measured in BTUH (British thermal units per hour) and tons. You need to make sure that your AC is the appropriate size. If it is too large, then your system may suffer from inefficient cooling and inadequate dehumidification. Your outdoor compressor/condenser unit needs to be properly matched to your indoor air handler/evaporator. If they are not compatible, then further problems could ensue. Make sure you consult with a professional to understand your options.
You may also wish to install a programmable thermostat, or a zone control system to complement your central air split. Whatever system you choose, make sure that you receive professional installation. For more information about Winton, CA air conditioning, call the experts at Ace Air Conditioning & Heating today!